Friday, January 25, 2008

REVIVAL: Blow on the embers!

"LORD, I have heard the report about You and I fear. O LORD, revive Your work in the midst of the years, In the midst of the years make it known; In wrath remember mercy."
Habakkuk 3:2
When I lived in a cabin in the mountains above Santa Cruz, California, I had a fire in my fireplace all day, virtually everyday; the ash would build up over a few days. Eventually, I’d let the fire die down, then take the ash out to dump it.

I always left a few pieces of burned wood and some embers in the fireplace. When I came back in I’d put some dry sticks and shredded paper on it, then blow on the embers a little … poof, fire and heat!

How God must wish we’d be more like the embers in my fireplace. A little of the Holy Spirit on what’s left after the ash of our lives is discarded and poof, fire and heat!

No comments:

 
, , ,